Parenting in a Tech Savvy World
This generation of kids and teens have never known a time without smartphones. I was in my mid-twenties when I got my first phone. My, how the times have changed.
Now, children on average are getting their first smartphones around age 10, and some children are as young as 6.
This webinar will take a deeper look at technology and social media to better understand their link to stress, relationships, and overall health and well-being.
What Will I Learn?
- How much kids and parents are using technology each day
- Concerns and drawbacks from a tech-dependent world
- Is social media or video games bad for a kid’s mental well-being?
- Specific factors that may put a kid at risk for compulsive or problematic use
- Practical strategies and tips for parents
About Jonathan Hetterly, LPC
Jonathan Hetterly is a licensed professional counselor. He specializes in helping teen and young adult men navigate the challenges they face in life. Jonathan is also a writer and his articles are regularly featured on PsychBytes.com and ShrinkTank.com.
He has contributed material to several books that explore the intersection of pop culture and psychology, including The Walking Dead Psychology, Star Wars Psychology, and Game of Thrones Psychology.
Parenting in a Tech Savvy World e-Talk
*You will only be able to view “Parenting in a Tech Savvy World” if you’ve purchased the e-Talk.