Make the Holiday Season More Positive with an Attitude of Gratitude
One way to make the holiday season more positive is with an attitude of gratitude. Some ways to do this is by…
- Making thank you postcards and sending them to the people who make you feel special, loved, and important.
- Make a giving thanks jar. Decorate a jar and have everyone add cards with the things they are thankful for, then read them aloud.
- Put together a thankfulness tree or a gratitude wreath. Cut out leaves and write down things you are thankful for on each one.
- List all the ways you are thankful for each family member. Write something daily and share it with them over dinner.
- Read books about gratitude or make your own gratitude book or journal.
- Create a collage using pictures you are grateful for or draw and take your own pictures of the people and things you cherish.
- Talk about what life would feel like WITHOUT certain things you consider “normal”, or things you take for granted, such as TV, cell phones, electricity, etc.
An attitude of gratitude transitions perfectly into discussing holiday gifts and appreciating what you have, what you received, what you wished you received, or what you didn’t get for the holidays.