Rates of anxiety continue to surge, and no age demographic has seen a spike in anxiety more than teenagers. But what is behind the surge of anxiety rates? And what can parents and teens do to manage their anxiety?
Jonathan Hetterly, an expert in teen culture, will explore how changes in society, adolescent development, and the family unit has contributed to a generation of teens struggling with anxious thoughts and feelings.
He’ll offer practical tips and tools for parents and teens on how to decrease and manage anxiety in their lives. Be prepared to laugh, to be challenged, and to find hope in his webinar on “Parenting Teens in the Age of Anxiety.”
What Will I Learn?
- The difference between positive stress, negative stress, and clinical anxiety
- Current trends and rates of anxiety amongst teens
- Shifts in society, adolescent development, and family structure that have contributed to an increase in anxiety
- Consequences families are facing with the surge of teen anxiety
- Practical strategies and tools that can help reduce and manage anxiety in teenagers
About Jonathan Hetterly, LPC
Jonathan Hetterly is a licensed professional counselor. He specializes in helping teen and young adult men navigate the challenges they face in life. Jonathan is also a writer and his articles are regularly featured on PsychBytes.com and ShrinkTank.com.
He has contributed material to several books that explore the intersection of pop culture and psychology, including The Walking Dead Psychology, Star Wars Psychology, and Game of Thrones Psychology.